I recall that installing Caffe on Window was one of the hardest steps on this project.
- Basically, following this video completely solves the problem : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeCE757egcE
- However, some (small) problems arises depending on the different environment one has. For me, installing VS 2015 raised error ; a setup package is either missing or damaged, but no perfect help for this problem exists on the web. (Spend two days repeating shredding the whole VS 2015/reinstalling)
- In addition, building PyCaffe requires python 3.5, while I have been using python 3.6 (anaconda) for my previous works. Since I do not want to change my working environment, I tried to install PyCaffe using anaconda environment setting(python 3.5). There are some settings that should be modified before installing.
- Create new environment for python 3.5. (e.g. conda create -n py35 python = 3.5.0 anaconda)
- Before using cmd, call the anaconda environment (e.g. conda activate py35)
- When modifying caffe\caffe\scripts\build_win.cmd according to the video above, set CONDA_ROOT variable as location to the python 3.5. environment
- Now follow the video!